Saturday, August 7, 2010






Hey I just want to add on to my earlier post because I got cut a bit short because we had to leave. Earlier today we walked over to my host brother's grandma's house and she had chickens in the backyard. It was really surprising but also very funny to see his little cousin chasing them around. We just got back from my host family's aunt's house. It was extremely nice. They had a pool there that was straight out of an episode of Cribs. It had a rock waterfall and an artificial river with two little bridges. Plus the pool itself had a bar built in as well a nearby grill. The entire thing was surrounded by thatch roof huts and all kinds of trees with fruit growing on them. One thing that's much different here is the size of the bugs. I ran into a moth that must have been six inches long. And when I was walking into the house tonight, I noticed a yellow and black bug that was a little over three inches long if you include its pincers... And while we were at the pool, some kind of bug fell into the back of my shirt and it made me jump a lot. Ok that's all I have to report for today. I'm going to post all the pictures I've taken so far on the exchange including a few of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment